Does your Fan Page have one of those snazzy TALL images with a message about your business yet? You know – the nice ones some pages have in the left sidebar. First impressions are important. Today we see how to upload one in minutes. Actually creating the graphic may take longer, but we can help with that.
Assuming you have your graphic ready to go…. a big assumption, I realize, but this is an important feature for your page.
- Check that the graphic is 180 W by 540 high
- Check that within it, there is a clear area of about 180 by 180 that will be designated as your square icon.
- Use Facebook as your page (Account / Use Facebook as Page)
- Click on ‘Edit Page’ near the top left
- Click on ‘Profile Picture’ in the left navigation
- Select the image you want to use for your hard drive.
Once it is uploaded, you can select the section of it that you want to use for your icon that will appear next to your posts
- Under the new image, click ‘Edit Thumbnail’.
- Drag the square shape over the area that you want.
- View your page to check it ‘took’. I found it took me a couple of attempts to get it accepted.
“Voila!” A fancy dancy branded left side bar. Without any special fees to Facebook, either!
If you want help creating the graphic, please call or email us.
If you do not have photo editing software already, I have nothing but good things to say about Snagit. Crop, move, merge, change colors, add text, add shapes, add captions… Easy to use for about $50 US.