You can personalize your page’s URL: make it Facebook.com/your-biz-name. Which will look pretty good on your business card and email footers.
To change your page’s URL: http://www.facebook.com/username/
- Resist the temptation to get sidetracked and change your personal user name – we are here on business – you can come back later if you want!
- From the ‘Page Name’ drop down box, select the page that you want to set a name for. Pages are eligible to claim usernames if they have more than 25 fans.
- Accept… and… Success! You now have a great new URL to use on emails, biz cards etc.
First Bonus Action: You can make your page appear as your current employer in your personal profile. Bonus! The profile change will show up in your friends newsfeeds, which might bring more ‘likes’ your page.
- Use Facebook as you the individual (Account /Switch)
- Click on Profile
- Click on Edit Profile
- Click on ‘Education and Work’ in the left sidebar
- Delete your current employer
- Type in your business name and hit ‘enter’
- Facebook should resolve to your business page. Great!
Second Bonus Action: Go into your email program and update your signature to include a link to your business page.